The Turning Point WDB
- serves as a point of contact for business, industry, and the public sector to communicate their workforce needs;
- provides a forum where private and public sector leaders jointly consider the workforce development needs of the region;
- promotes strategies to encourage life-long learning and improve workplace skills;
- assists in the development of new training programs to benefit the region's workforce;
- conducts planning, oversight, and evaluation of local workforce development programs, including the local JobLink Career Center System;
- offers advice regarding workforce policy and programs to local elected officials, employers, education and employment agencies, and citizens;
- coordinates with economic development efforts and activities to promote the region's availability of qualified workers and promote cooperation and coordination among public organization, education agencies, and private businesses; and
- reviews local agency plans and grant applications for workforce development programs to ensure coordination of services and achievement of local goals can be attained.
Turning Point WDB
4036 Capital Dr.
P.O. Box 7516
Rocky Mount, NC 27804