Complete Streets Workshop - May 7, 2019
Complete Streets Workshop
Hosted by Upper Coastal Plain Council of Governments
May 7, 2019, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Upper Coastal Plain Council of Governments, 121 Nash St. W., Wilson, NC
This workshop is intended to bring together a diverse group of stakeholders to focus on building support for complete streets in North Carolina. The workshop will be an opportunity to share information about the State’s Complete Streets Policy and help community members work collaboratively with transportation agencies to support its implementation.
This one-day workshop will:
- Engage a diverse audience of State and local staff, community organizations and stakeholders, and decision-makers on the topic of Complete Streets
- Establish relationships between these organizations to build support for Complete Streets projects
- Equip participants with the tools and information they need to more effectively engage in transportation decision making
The following individuals should attend the workshop:
- Planners, engineers and policy makers working for State, regional, and local agencies
- Elected officials
- Community, advocacy and non-profit organizations working to improve their communities through health, safety, and livability initiatives
Lunch will be provided, and there will be ample time to network with others in your community and develop action plans for supporting complete streets implementation. Complete your registration below to receive additional details about the workshop, or reach out to Dan Gelinne at the UNC Highway Safety Research Center with your questions (email@example.com, 919-962-8703).