TAKE THE QUICK BROADBAND SURVEY AND THE SPEED TEST!
STRATEGIES AND TACTICS:
Improve robust and affordable broadband access to un-served and underserved areas to meet present and future needs.
- Establish a regional broadband task force.
- Identify and prioritize areas where High Speed Internet and Broadband for middle and last mile is needed.
- Identify barriers that prevent innovative programs designed to leverage public and private investment that can improve broadband services in the region.
- Create opportunities to optimize return on public and private investments in broadband infrastructure and capabilities.
- Identify incentives (e.g., grants, loans, tax programs) to encourage greater private investment by the telecoms in the broadband infrastructure.
- Allow for public investment in broadband infrastructure.
- Introduction and Agenda
- Broadband -What Is It & Technical Overview
- Digital Equity and Why Is Broadband Important
- Broadband -Resources & Efforts at the Federal Level
- Regional & Community Planning
- Instituting a Dig Once Policy
- TELEHEALTH initiatives to serve rural Americans.
- US Department of Commerce National Telecommunications and Information Administration has an interactive website: https://broadbandusa.ntia.doc.gov/
- The Community Broadband Playbook, developed in NC DIT’s Broadband Infrastructure Office (BIO), provides communities with functional tools including templates, examples, ideas and many more resources that communities can use to build a broadband strategy that addresses their needs.To see the playbook, visit the Community Broadband Playbook website.
- Connecting North Carolina Broadband Plan
- Leaping the Digital Divide: Encouraging Policies and Partnerships to Improve Broadband Access Across North Carolina
- NC Broadband Matters is devoted to expanding broadband in underserved areas of North Carolina. Resources available from a recent gathering of rural fiber proponents, including Governor Cooper. Rural Fiber matters!
USDA Launches High-Speed Broadcast e-Connectivity Resource Guide
Click on the picture above to read more.
Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy - Our region and State recognize the overwhelming importance of broadband deployment as reflected in the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) 2022.